Saturday, April 8, 2017

Abortion and Planned Parenthood

Starting off with a controversial topic is probably a terrible idea, but I'm going for it because I love arguing with people about this topic and can't wait to see what people will say this time!

So, many of you have views on abortion, probably. Some of you will be pro-choice, and some will be pro-life. And, a select few will have no idea what I'm talking about or what an abortion even is.

Abortion, by the simplest definition, is the termination of a pregnancy. Pretty simple definition, amd I will not elaborate. If you want to know more, look it up yourself. You got this far, after all, didn't you?

I am about to write what are probably some of the most damning words of my existence: I am pro-choice.

To be clear, "pro-choice" is not the same as "pro-abortion."

I cannot imagine myself ever getting an abortion. The idea of it is not something I'm a fan of. And I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me.

Here's the tricky thing about pro-choice people: we may not want an abortion ourselves, but we aren't so stupid as to try and stop someone else from getting an abortion (let me tell you: if someone tried that on me, I'd break a few of their bones).

Pro-life people are the opposite. They don't want an abortion, and they will do everything in their power to stop you from getting one, too. Here's the thing: once the fetus is born, a lot of pro-lifers stop caring. Some pro-lifers are horrible enough to make a woman carry a dead fetus to term. Yes, you read that correctly. Dead. Fetus. To term. Am I the only one who finds something wrong with this?

Here's where we get to the juicy stuff: Planned Parenthood.



You may have heard of the controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood and their services-- Particularly their abortion services. Everyone's got something to say about it. But did you know that abortion services aren't even half of what they do? Of course not; you're too busy screaming your head off about them illegally selling fetus tissues (which, by the way, was disproved a long time ago).

Other services that Planned Parenthood provides includes cancer screenings, free birth control, STI/STD screenings, and more. And it's not just for women-- it's for men, too!

But of course, our stupid American government not only wants to take away abortion services, but they want to do away with the rest of it as well (and women's healthcare altogether. Can't forget about that!), including the very thing that STOPS YOU FROM GETTING PREGNANT IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE.

(Yes, these assholes decide whether or not a woman gets healthcare. It's wonderful to be a minority.)

So, do I agree with abortion? No. I don't like it at all. Will I stop other women from getting an abortion? Oh hell no! Turns out, I'm a somewhat decent human being, not an asshole. (Refer to last photo to review what an "asshole" is.)


No comments:

Post a Comment